navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » With Love, Always... -Chris
Open Poetry #44
Post A Reply Post New Topic With Love, Always... -Chris Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HopelessPoet
since 2008-12-18
Posts 14

0 posted 2009-02-12 03:11 AM

To my first love, Olivia:

Do you remember that night? I can replay that night over and over in my head. Do you think I've forgotten who you are? The truth is that I haven't. I don't think that I ever will. Isn't that beautiful? Even after all of the hurt I've gone through, while I tried to keep this relationship alive; I can never forget who you are or were to me.

If what they say is true: "It's better to have loved and to have lost, than to have never loved at all," Then my heart is truly satisfied with what happened between us. I just want you to know that I could never bring myself to hurt you. No matter what I say, I hide my true feelings behind my words.

Do I resent you for what has happened? Yes- and why shouldn't I? You constantly run away from me, and I'm afraid to say that I can no longer keep up with you. I'm tired of running just to keep you in my life.

You will always hold that special key into my heart. If you think of me ever again, please know that I truly loved you. Is it a foolish love? Yes... I admit that much- but, what love is not foolish? To say that we will do anything and everything to keep each other happy... we are all fools- but fools in love, no less.

Just know that you will always remain with me. I take you everywhere, I hope you know. There is not one day that I stop thinking of you. Curse me if there ever is a day that I banish you from my thoughts.

You freed me- in more ways than you will ever think of. For every man who has wronged you, I have become tenfold the man he is. Do you agree? Maybe and maybe not, but who truly knows?
Your thoughts and opinions of me are your's- and your's alone.

Just know that I will always truly love you, and nothing that I say or do will ever change that. Do you believe me when I tell you that I love you? I hope you do, because that belief that people DO actually love you; will carry you to heaven. Keep me warm in your thoughts- I'll be doing the same for you.

With Love, Always...

-Chris

[This message has been edited by HopelessPoet (02-12-2009 04:22 PM).]

© Copyright 2009 HopelessPoet - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2009-02-12 08:48 AM

Dear Chris, this is a touching and heartfelt write for your first love Olivia. First loves are never forgotten, so what you say here is true, she will always be a cherished memory.

But you will love again and be requited, no doubt!

Beautiful.

Love,
Margherita

gilead
since 2008-03-10
Posts 1067
nevada, USA
2 posted 2009-02-12 11:13 AM

Perhaps it is the contradictions and complexities of love that intrigue us, and desire is intensified when one's overtures are resisted---all the more tantalizing! You have expressed your feelings well, and I trust that you will find the object of your desiring.  

art

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » With Love, Always... -Chris

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary