navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » Id rather be angry than feel hurt
Open Poetry #44
Post A Reply Post New Topic Id rather be angry than feel hurt Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SlowlyFallAway
since 2008-08-29
Posts 279
North Carolina

0 posted 2009-01-09 01:43 PM

i keep your poetry around
   Just for a good laugh
And the sight of your picture on my wall
     Makes me sick
I fall asleep to it every night
This is how I cope
You're with her and I know this
   So ill tear apart your world
You hurt me more than they ever could.
  Its times like those I don't forget.
I can convince myself of anything
         (I hate you)
Your words cut deep
And I'm forced to fill the cuts with anger

I couldn't live through another day of loving you

January 8th 2009
Emily shives

© Copyright 2009 Emily Shives - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2009-01-09 03:02 PM

Emily~
Shucks ... I think I'd take that rascal's picture off my wall ! ! !

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -               noles1@totcon.com

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
2 posted 2009-01-11 10:48 PM

The thing about poetry is it makes me relate to things that I know.  I have a dear friend who carries anger like a shield - she is somewhat proud that she protects herself with the anger.  Honestly, I think it is crippling her.  This poem made me think of her.  

I believe anger is okay as long as it is released like a balloon into the night.  We don't need to know where it goes, we just have to be free of it.

Thank you for posting this poem - I think it is good because it drew something out that I had been thinking about.

Alison

PS - I totally agree with Marge - I'd have to take his picture off my wall!

steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

3 posted 2009-01-11 11:01 PM

makes me sigh a rough-sounded 'whew'...it's tough convincing oneself, isn't it?  there's a lot of pain in this exquisite write...thank you for sharing such a personal write...it is well written
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2009-01-12 08:01 PM

Nice writing...I think the hurt keeps us connected and the anger motivates us to disconnect...James
Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
5 posted 2009-01-12 10:55 PM

SlowlyFallAway - I've read your poetry, and can feel your hurt when you write. I too would take the photo down. Wish you well...

BC

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2009-01-13 06:03 PM

Oh, to my way of thinking, you do not need those constant reminders of a 'man who done you wrong'. If you hang onto his photos and poetry, you'll be holding on to both the sadness and the anger.

I do understand those feelings. I've been there but thankfully they are all behind me and I am left with just the good memories ~ and now I am making new ones!

You expressed your feelings very well.

Giving you a warm, compassionate, understanding hug,
EA

Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
7 posted 2009-01-13 09:01 PM

Oh my, I sure know all about pain and anger. It wasn't long ago, I went through it all, myself. If I were you, I would get rid of all that reminds you of him. I know, that is easier said, than done. Atleast pack all of the memories away. Then, some day maybe you can throw them away. I totally understand what you are going through. I am so sorry you had to go through it, too. You have expressed you your hurt and anger very well here. As someone right here in this room once said to me, just keep writing it out, and we will keep reading.

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
8 posted 2009-01-14 03:03 AM

You've touched both sides of the perspective in this write......Very well done!

Eric

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » Id rather be angry than feel hurt

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary