navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » Unworthy Intentions
Open Poetry #44
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unworthy Intentions Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SlowlyFallAway
since 2008-08-29
Posts 279
North Carolina

0 posted 2009-03-07 06:39 AM

Late-night conversations twist my view of reality into a monster that I'm at a constant battle with.

A battle not to be won, but learned from.

Fear eats away at my soul, my conscience never rests, even though the only enemy I'm facing is myself.

My doubt to believe he'll carry through with his heartbreaking threat turns into anticipation.

Am I willing to welcome the idea of a whole new outlook on the opposition, or am I terrified of the demons he holds at arms length?

Gritting teeth through a wicked grin, how much poison can one's soul ingest before shattering into a million pieces; much like my heart has been prepared to do.

Hazardous signs arise from all directions, but still I carry on, surrounded by darkness, or possibly the shadows from a silhouette I know not of.

Fighting off distractions that catch nothing less than my complete attention, I see you standing in the doorway.

The silhouette that casts the shadows, or the darkness that surrounds my soul?

You watch me with those eyes, such seductive eyes, luring me beyond the phantom of my greatest fears.

My head screams 'no' as I take a step towards you.

Daddy always told me to follow my heart, but it too has been silenced in the awe of such a creative imagination.

Once the point of insanity has been reached, and you no longer feel the need to breathe in order to follow through with his demands, you've come to the point of no return.

This point ... this line ... I've damn well crossed.

Time might be the key factor in this what-if case scenario, but it has become nothing more than the procrastination of consequence, someday to reach me, just not soon enough.

No longer am I living in this dream of making it out unharmed, I've walked so far into his trap, that to make it out alive might be asking God for too big of a favor.

But my options have worn thin, and there is no alternate escape.

None but to press forward and kneel at the foot of my unworthy intentions.

Emily Shives

© Copyright 2009 Emily Shives - All Rights Reserved
turtle
since 2009-01-23
Posts 548
Harbor
1 posted 2009-03-07 02:40 PM

Hi SlowlyFallAway,

You have some powerful emotions and imagery here. I see a lot of potential in this.

turtle

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
2 posted 2009-03-07 02:52 PM

SlowlyFallAway - if this is true situation I'd be heading south, north, east, or west, and get the heck out of Dodge. There is no one that needs, or should put up with these words. Believe me, it does get better, but one has to turn around and scat. Wishing you well...

BC

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » Unworthy Intentions

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary