navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » Arousing Indifferences
Open Poetry #44
Post A Reply Post New Topic Arousing Indifferences Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SlowlyFallAway
since 2008-08-29
Posts 279
North Carolina

0 posted 2009-03-04 06:17 AM

I feel the heat of a cigarette on my lips.

I'm obligated to say that we share not the common grounds of correspondent mindsets.

Similar battelfields, left abandoned with partial pieces of bodies where life once dwelled.

Our new Utopia.

With Zion rising, so to speak.

And eyes wide shut, so overused; the foundation of the drowsiness, singing you to sleep.

Calling out to none who listen, rising up from infernal regions; with intentions soaring past great extentions; thereby lacking all inspiration.

Dead on arrival is my soul
Dead on arrival is my heart
Dead on arrival is my hope

Where left, for my love to go; if none search willingly, then all search helplessly.

Yearning for acceptance; scared of becoming 'typical'

Leaving me with nothing more, than one last bid goodbye.

And in the wake of these mistakes, my eyes are opened; I switch back on the lights; only to find this room; nothing less of how I left it.

March 4th Wednesday 2009
Emily Shives

(I post most of my poetry under the dark 'section', and this probably belongs there, but something told me to post it here)

© Copyright 2009 Emily Shives - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2009-03-04 08:46 AM

Glad you posted here, as many don't venture into the dark and would miss this.
Life is dark and light, and love's darker moments are the stuff poets write of often.
I enjoyed reading your version of darkness.

SlowlyFallAway
since 2008-08-29
Posts 279
North Carolina
2 posted 2009-03-04 04:21 PM

I did notice that this forum is much larger, I'm just not accustomed to write about anything besides darkness. I think I'll stick to the 'dark forum'. Thank you for the comment though.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » Arousing Indifferences

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary