navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » Letting Go
Teen Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Letting Go Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Zippie
since 1999-09-03
Posts 7
Jackson, MI USA

0 posted 1999-09-21 08:37 PM

Sometimes it is the right thing
That can hurt someone the most
If it will be me or you
I guess I just don't know

I'm losing all of my strength
To keep what we have alive
A friendship born in heaven
Is destined just to die

Distance won't come between us
Is what I said all along
I never thought we'd drift apart
It looks like I was wrong

Letting go isn't easy
It's tearing me up to do
Especially when that someone
I'm letting go is you

------------------
~Christina

© Copyright 1999 Zippie - All Rights Reserved
earthangel
since 1999-07-27
Posts 10

1 posted 1999-09-22 04:39 PM

your poem decribes what i'm going through right now really well. i was best friends/dating this guy over the sumer and we became tight. he kinda lives far away (45 minutes) but we used to see each other every waking moment of every day. i miss waking up in the morning with a message from him on my answering machine, cuz we used to always call each other the minute we woke up. he was also the last person i spoke to before i went to bed every night. having that kind of dependability on one another and then losing it when the school year starts (we obviously go to different schools and were both heavily involved in our schools) tore my world apart. we ae still close, but not like before and we both know it. it's like we moved on but we're both still trying desperately to hold onto something that's not there anymore.
Maitay
since 1999-07-16
Posts 158
Sisters,OR,USA
2 posted 1999-09-23 01:44 PM

I know just what you are going through. Iam trying to let go of my feeling for a guy that I have been freinds with/dating off and on for two years. Everyone tells me to just let it go, but they have no idea how much we were there for each other. Just like your poem says. I love the way that you can express yourself. Keep up the good work.

------------------
~The price of finding love is to eventually lose it. When I wish on a falling star, I wish not for material goods but to show kindness to others and be content with what the world may offer me~

~Maitay Mirabel Litton~

MysticWizard
since 1999-07-14
Posts 14

3 posted 1999-09-24 03:31 PM

Your poem was great...I know what you are going through...and it sux. There really isnt anything anyone can do when stuff like this happens though.....SOmetimes, you can love someone soooo much....but still have not meant to be....

~Brad
aka Mystic Wizard

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
4 posted 2007-11-13 07:28 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » Letting Go

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary