navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » Finger in Throat (comments please)
Teen Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Finger in Throat (comments please) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LOVEFOOL
since 1999-09-17
Posts 5
Louisville, KY, USA

0 posted 1999-09-20 01:19 PM

Oh I want to stop,
but my throat keeps calling for my finger

I know I'm destroying myself
but I just can't stop

Why wouldn't you want to be skinny?
Everybody likes you when you're thin as a rail

I keep trying to stop
but my attempts fail

Please tell me, what can I do?

I have another secret to tell you
I'm addicted to cocaine

I try to stop that too,
But the needle calls out to my vein

It's getting really bad
I don't know what to do

Please tell me what to do

© Copyright 1999 LOVEFOOL - All Rights Reserved
StratMatt
since 1999-09-19
Posts 87
Macomb, IL, U.S.A.
1 posted 1999-09-20 05:22 PM

This poem frightens me quite frankly.
First, I hope that this poem is not 1st person present tense because it's you and now.
If it is, I think you seriously need to seek help, and anything I can do to help you I will.
It certainly is a powerful poem, I can say that much.
-Matt

------------------
"Lost time is never found again." -Ben Franklin.

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
2 posted 1999-09-20 05:37 PM

Speaking from someone who has been there myself, if this poem is about you, I ask that you find help if you are not already. It will only lead to further problems in the future if you do not. And from what I take, if it is about you, you wouldnt have written it and posted it if you did not truly want help. Like Matt, I also will do what I can to help if you need it!
The Keeper Of Keys
since 1999-09-02
Posts 39

3 posted 1999-09-20 08:41 PM

You obviously have a talent with words, the most powerful thing on this earth is the power of speech. Wouldnt you agree everyone? The power of speech, ultimately the most influentially powerful force on ever, and you wield it so well. So why then would you be dissatisfied in oneself if you had such a gift? Assuming this is first person. Talent is yours, yet you feel so insecure? Ever read my quote on my signature? I think you should do so...

Wisdom and words rises above all, remember that...

------------------
~^~^~The Keeper Of Keys~^~^~

To be nobody but yourself--In a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everybody else--Means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.

StratMatt
since 1999-09-19
Posts 87
Macomb, IL, U.S.A.
4 posted 1999-09-20 09:52 PM

I know the feeling she's conveying, for I've felt very down on myself. And although the means she's using is a poor way of trying to find that self-image she wants, it's the type of thing you have to do to get out of that rut.
If you don't like how you look or feel, simply realizing you have a lot of talent to write, which she does, won't do it. You either have to make yourself look and feel the way you want to, or you have to accept the way you are. Then the writing can help you build back up. But any talent, hobby, or any other thing motivational won't do it without coming to realize what you are is what you are.

------------------
"Lost time is never found again." -Ben Franklin.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » Finger in Throat (comments please)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary