navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Can I
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Can I Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH

0 posted 2005-05-02 05:47 PM

I'm sitting here reading the poems of people i have never met and realise that maybe leaving was a mistake. But can I take back my good-bye. Or would that make me a liar. Ever since I said I wasn't going to post anymore I have felt as if Ive lost an intergral part of my life. An outlet that i dont have anywhere eles. Is it possible to say sorry and come back into the community no questions asked or is it better to stay away and hope that I will find a different outlet. I'm asking because I dont want to be seen as niave though thats probably what I'm coming off as. I have read the replies to my last poem and my last post in feelings. And I know that there is support here that I dont have anywhere eles. I'm asking because it isnt fair to say that I'm leaving and then just magicly reappear and expect people to take me seriously. When I left I didnt know what was going on in my life or my head. I stopped writing. But I realize that writing is all that is keeping me going. Its what keeps me thinking about life and what Im going to do. Who Im going to be. I know now that I need to write. I need to let people read what gose on in my head. I guess I need this site. maybe not the feedback and praise wich is what I thought before and why I left. I didnt want to depend on anyone to feel good. I like the feed back. And it helps. But just posting is what helps the most. Knowing that other people might read it and realize that someone feels the same way they have or do. I guess I'm asking because I want to make sure its ok that I come back after letting down some of the people that followed my writing. And I want to say sorry that I left in the first place without thinking it through all the way. I'm sorry guys. Forgive me.

Jian

As I look at this world and realize that I am the only one to have seen the end of all Good I let the tears out that and ask the world to see them.

© Copyright 2005 Jian Sterry - All Rights Reserved
Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
1 posted 2005-05-02 06:16 PM

No reason to be sorry. Truthfully, I am still new here. I love reading everyones poems. I love being here even though I have written very few.
Not only has the poems and writes impressed me but the solid friendships that are formed. Its hard to get that now a days. I have seen a family here in the "blue pages" that lets people in now matter where they are from. This family (I like to call the "blue pages") welcomes anyone back in with open arms and picks up like that person never left. I have found comfort and lots of support with issues I have been going through. With being a single mom of two, working full time and commuting...its hard for me to write. Though during work.....(don't tell anyone) I put one in here and there and I respone to different one. Its o.k.!!! Let me be the first to welcome you back.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2005-05-02 06:43 PM

Everyone goes through cycles in their personal lives.  There are times when we write freely, and times when our muses seem to be on sabbatical.

Outside issues sometimes usurp our attention and take us in alternative directions.  That's OK - It's what life is all about.

Anyone who is enrolled as a member with PiP is free to come and go at will.  You're welcome to resume posting at any time, and we're happy to see you return.  I hope you learned lots and found some abundant material to write about in your absence...

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2005-05-02 07:00 PM

I hope you do come back...
people come and go, some stay, some never come back...I wouldn't worry about it, I would just post again, and enjoy!

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2005-05-03 08:55 PM

You put me to shame.  Big time.  I've  left without ever saying a word, but then I never really intended to leave.  But I just come back on at will and assume it's okay.  The family of poetic friends here are awesomely understanding, kind, supportive, forgiving, and welcoming.  It's a very homey place where feelings can be expressed freely.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Can I

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary