navwin » Discussion » Feelings » How do u feel?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic How do u feel? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~

0 posted 2003-02-04 03:42 AM

Im wondering how all the singles feel out there around this time of year...Well around Valentines day. Cause right now I feel so lonely without a special someone in my life. Before this Valentines I had my best guy friend (who is no longer in my life) who was single with me for these little holidays. Like I was his valentine on valentines day and his sweetheart for sweetest day (even though sweetest day isnt really one i consider a holiday). And now that he isnt there and I dont have a boyfriend it makes me so jealous to see all these happy couples and me with nothing.

And I was just wondering how all the other singles feel?

[This message has been edited by Erin (02-04-2003 03:43 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Erin Erbs - All Rights Reserved
defenestrate
since 2003-01-10
Posts 46
nc, us
1 posted 2003-02-04 10:49 PM

actually, i think it's kind of nice not to have anything dramatic relationshipwise to deal with on valentine's this year-a pleasant contrast to some of the others.
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
2 posted 2003-02-05 06:01 PM

Great!

Sure, it sucks to have friends who have gotten into the whole "boyfriend" thing, but meh. I figure if and when it comes, I'll be more happy when something just happens than forcing something to happen. Dun wanna get all dependent on people. o_O;

Besides, I dun like flowers.

Live for the moment.

[This message has been edited by chasing rain (02-05-2003 06:03 PM).]

Smoothy
since 2002-12-02
Posts 119
The dark side of the moon
3 posted 2003-02-10 03:52 AM

I feel the same as i always do. Cause I've always been alone romantically, though by my own fault, I'll never know.

Love conquers all, so I must be in a losing battle.

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
4 posted 2003-02-10 04:11 PM

It's mighty depressing for the newly single who have to cope with a sudden loneliness they were expecting to have filled.  St. V's day is a sour kick in the crotch for a lot of people, don't think you're alone in being alone, Erin.  There's plenty of us.

Of course, it does give the opportunity to spread one's horizons... to do something sweet for a romantic interest in their life, or just for anybody who might need it.  I think St. V's day should be more about making people feel loved, and not in such a specific way as to exclude single people.  Know what I mean?

Even two months away from a harsh breakup, I've already got a new valentine, and we're not dating, we're just going to take a day to spend some time appreciating one another.  It's a nice thing.

Here's hoping yours is something special.  

Parasite

"Faith" means the will to avoid knowing what is true.
~ Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
5 posted 2003-02-10 06:54 PM

I agree with you parasite.

~Titus

Es ist gut, daß das Leben die Toten studieren sollte.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2003-02-10 09:42 PM

I agree with you too. Its not that Im all that lonely cause I can get a guy to take me out its just the fact that its not the one I want to be with on that day. Cause the one I want to be with isnt there anymore, he stopped talking to me.

~if you want something very badly set it free, if it comes back to you its yours forever, if it doesnt it was never yours to begin with~

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
7 posted 2003-02-10 11:52 PM

Erin, honey, I understand what you're feeling. *hugs*  Pamper yourself. Make the Day of Hell YOUR day. My man's in a hospital about 10 hours away from me, so I'm going to go to classes on the Day of Hell, and then go home to my parents place.  Why? Because I want to. It's what I do to make ME happy.  *hugs*

Monkey!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » How do u feel?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary