navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Warm Feelings
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Warm Feelings Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX

0 posted 2002-06-25 06:33 AM

Think back about everything for a moment.  Close your eyes and think about the safest warmest place that you can think of your happy stop.  The place that makes you feel the best.  What is that place?

My place is sitting in a long flowing dress out in a patio chair on the beach in the West Indies just as the rain is starting to fall.  The color of the sky changes and I can feel the wind blowing on my skin.  I watch as my dress sways from side to side.  Warmth and comfort.  I watch as the water starts to roll faster and faster. Waves. Wind. Rain. I feel the rain gently fall down on my face and neck and I look up to the sky to feel warm water. I soak it all in and that is the comfort that helps me get to sleep at night.

I would love to hear your too.

Love,
Ladycat

Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

© Copyright 2002 Vynette M. Charles-Brooks - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2002-06-25 09:20 AM

smile...

on a cold night, way too long ago, I made a bit of a hazardous journey by bus, ferry, then, bus, and finally a taxi, to be with my love at sunrise. I was freezing when I got there, and? he was so warm... sleepy, cuddly happiness--did I mention he was warm?

I was HOME.

Thank you for helping me remember.

Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

2 posted 2002-06-25 01:29 PM

Don't have to go back too far for this one.
Last Saturday night.  Parking lot, behind a bank, next to a tavern where I'd just spent 8 hours talking nonstop to the cutest, little redhead ever.  Warm...is an understatement but I'll leave it at that.  

Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely and complete
I'll take your invitation
You take all of me

Lifehouse

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
3 posted 2002-06-25 03:15 PM

serenity- wow, that is a wonderful thought.
I want warmth like that one day.

Duncan-oh my my.... Now that is some conversation you had there.. lol

Thank you for reading my piece and responding.

Love,
Ladycat

Tracey
Member Elite
since 2001-08-29
Posts 2808
where insanity meets breeding
4 posted 2002-06-25 10:06 PM

Yep, I don’t have to go back too far for those warm fuzzies either. Saturday night, parking lot, behind a bank, first kiss in the arms of someone I’d finally got to spend 8 hours with in person. Sound familiar?? Lol. Ahhh, ain’t love grand???

Everything is possible in the game of life
    (Simple Minds-Promised You a Miracle)

Ladycat
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
5 posted 2002-06-26 12:30 PM

Tracey.. Duncan...  Congrats you two.  I'm glad on your new found happiness.  Now finding new love that is a warm feeling!!!

Love,
Ladycat

Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
6 posted 2002-06-28 11:03 PM

Mine would actaully have to include my family as we are so closely knit.

We used to have family days and nights when all the Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Sisters etc. would attend.
We would BBQ, play yard games, play games later in the evening.
We would spend hours with each other, talking, laughing and simply enjoying each other.

I miss those days.
Thanks lady cat, maybe I can fire those family days up again!

~Sheri

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things
left by those who got there first"

Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy
7 posted 2002-07-01 06:45 PM

well the safest i felt was last saturday night (lol) when I was with josh, with him holding me in his arms under the stars and the full moon shining down on us. It was heaven, cuz everyone who's talked to me knows i've liked him for a LONg time, and he actually came out and told me he liked me. and It's great.

lexi

¤Smile, because you never know who'z in love with it¤

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
8 posted 2002-07-03 04:07 PM

mine isnt too long either cos I finally moved out of my mums and into a house with my mate so my place would be my room cos its small cosy and warm its home

I'm wise enough now not to let cool get to me.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Warm Feelings

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary