navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Is it true?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Is it true? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
your_babydoll
since 2000-10-12
Posts 13
ohio

0 posted 2001-07-11 02:21 PM

Is love really blind? can you love someone so much that you dont see their faults and you make excuses for them? try to protect them, shelter them from the pain, when its really you that needs protection? is love so blind that you are willing to give that person everything you have to give, to receive nothing in return but pain....
© Copyright 2001 Heather - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2001-07-11 05:31 PM

Sometimes it can be.....but there's a love where you can actually fully see what's going on. I feel that the 'seeing love' is the best kind because you're not hurt as much. Believe me, the person who can hurt you once and you take back will most likely see that and hurt you again and again until you're fet up with it. And how long will that take? 3yrs like me? ha!
Let me just tell you that there's a time to put your foot down and demand the love you rightfully deserve, the seeing kind.

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
2 posted 2001-07-12 03:38 AM

I have to disagree with you there Dopey.  If love was rightfully our's then how could love be a gift.  Can't make someone love you, they must give it.  When they do it must be of their own free will cause that is the truest and lasting kind of love.  As to love being blind, well yes it is.  It is blind in the repect that to love someone that love must be given as a gift with expecting it to be returned.  It also means that no matter what they do, though it may hurt, you will always love them.  However this doesn't mean you should or shouldn't pursue or give up on them.  That is entirely up to you.  Only you can deside whether or not you have waited and/or been hurt long enough for you to "move on".  You will always love them and in time that love will change.  Love is always changing, for greater or lesser than it was, but never will go away.  I have found love is just that way.  I wish you the best.

The White Wolf

If life is just a game, when does it end cause I want to get to what is real.

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
3 posted 2001-07-12 03:44 PM

I agree with WHite Wolf, love can be blind.
That is why when we truly love we put our complete love into another person and if they betray that trust it is the worst thing they can do to us. Love is blind but don't just see with your heart, see with your brain, your instinct and your heart. You can't make love, you can't change someone if they don't want to change.  

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 posted 2001-07-17 10:33 PM

Yes.  Enough said.

You think yourself a failure, but perhaps the biggest loss is winning...

Alan
since 2000-09-12
Posts 1499
right next door
5 posted 2001-09-10 08:04 AM

I agree with all the above. The only thing I will add is that a person should never close their heart to love. Blind or seeing love is one of the best things there is.
alan

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Is it true?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary