navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Crime?????
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Crime????? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~

0 posted 2000-11-03 08:56 PM

Im not sure if anyone heard the story but Im pretty sure alot did on Amy Grossberg and Brian Peterson.

Well they had a baby and killed it. Keeping the whole pregnancy thing a secret. They were convicted of manslaughter and were both sentenced less then 3 years in jail.

Do you find that a "fair" amount of time for the murder of a helpless little baby???

I just finished reading the book about that called "Always in our Hearts". And it digusted me that they could pratically get away with this.

I mean its like saying yeah girls go out and get pregnant its no problem you could get away with killing the baby.

So what do you think???

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

© Copyright 2000 Erin Erbs - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2000-11-03 09:02 PM

I haven't heard about that. I guess it all depends upon the age and circumstances, but no matter what those were, I don't believe what they did was right!

Do I think it fair? I guess not really, but again, I would have to hear the circumstances.

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
2 posted 2000-11-03 09:05 PM

No, I dont think it is right, but maybe they had a a reason for it, not saying it's still right but maybe understandable. Besides I think people should be given another chance no matter what they've done.

Sometimes you have to let go and move on,
But never let go of the memories.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-11-03 10:10 PM

Whtdove~If you like reading read the book on it called "Always In Our Hearts" by Doug Most. It will tell you the whole story.

Maria~If that was me they might not be so easy on me. I dont think that they got a fair time in jail. It sounds like they are just getting a slap on the wrists.

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-11-04 01:35 PM

That baby coulda been the next ....Poe....mozart.....and possibly the next jim carrey......who knows eh?

heard about it......hated it....disagree with the sentence.......

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
5 posted 2000-11-04 09:25 PM

Yeah, I know the story, and I think it was terrible that they were more or less allowed to do that. I feel like their stature or class situation may have influenced in some way. Not fair at all. I do believe there could have been circumstances we are unaware of, but it was very heartless, anyway. I don't believe anyone should kill their baby because they are scared or ill, or whatever. There are many abandoned babies now, and many infanticides by Moms that are alone and terrified. It is a very sad world. I recently heard of a new program, can't remember the state, which allows teen (or other) Moms to bring the baby they don't want, to a hospital and drop him off, with no prosecution. I heard in that city there have been less dead babies in trash cans, because of the program. Probably the whole thing comes down to more programs to intervene in the situation before the baby is born. There was a story several years ago of a girl that gave birth during her prom, dumped the baby in the trash and went back out and danced. That was very ugly. I can't even comprehend it. I guess I have mixed feelings on the issue, as it is absolutely horrible, and murder of an innocent. On the other hand, women and girls who have been abandoned by the father of the baby, and are for some reason without support systems, can do things out of desperation, that they would never have done.
Hm, that became a ramble. Sorry.
Good question.
Sandra

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2000-11-05 04:26 PM

Catalinamoon~I heard that same thing about the babies being dropped off. I think that is good though that way less babies would be killed and more people that cant have kids could have a baby. The time that these people in my question got is so unfair. I mean does that mean if I go and get pregnant that I could kill my baby and pratically get away with it??? Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Crime?????

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary