navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What if you hurt someone you love unintentionally?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic What if you hurt someone you love unintentionally? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
X Angel
since 1999-11-07
Posts 1521
Oregon

0 posted 2000-09-24 04:18 PM

I actually have done this more than once....
but my latest snafu involves a dear friend that I hurt very much. I never ever meant to. And I am absolutely heartbroken that I messed up. What to do?
I have sincerely apologized....sworn to never do it again (which I meant with all my heart). Is there anything else I can do? And how do I live with the fact that I may remain unforgiven for this? My chest feels like someone whacked me with a ton of bricks, I feel just horrible about this. I want so much to make things right. I just don't know what else to do now? Will time heal this? Can it? Thanks for letting me vent, just typing this helped.
*sigh*

:`(

~Heather

© Copyright 2000 Heather Walters - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-09-24 11:20 PM

Heather I know what you are feeling. It will be better. When we hurt someone unintentionally, we can only pray they will forgive us. But YOU have to forgive yourself too. And learn from it. That's important.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2000-09-25 07:10 AM

Heather - You have such a golden heart, how could anyone ever NOT forgive you for something you never meant to do???..
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
3 posted 2000-09-25 08:06 PM

Heather,
        there's not much else that you can do. . . all you can do is move on, if your friendship is strong enough. . . it will survive this, and you and your friend may grow closer because of it. . .

to you my friend. . .

------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

4 posted 2000-09-25 08:13 PM

You've done all you can do, Heather, that's the most important thing...I suppose this type of pain is the same as any other type...it will lessen in time. True friendships can only grow stronger through the rough times. Just give it some time. In the meantime......HUGS

Denise

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
5 posted 2000-09-26 03:29 PM

Oh haven't we all been there? I know I have... I put my foot in my mouth more times than I know how to count!! I hope it gets better... if you've already apologized and tried to rectify by talking it out, you've done all you can. Just be patient... Everything happens for a reason, believe it or not!
Jenn

"He's mastered the art, of looking sincere, his eyes have a way, of making you stay, don't look in the mirror"- Chely Wright

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What if you hurt someone you love unintentionally?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary