navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I Really Have 5,000 Reasons To Thank You, I Just Didn't List Them All.....
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Really Have 5,000 Reasons To Thank You, I Just Didn't List Them All..... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2000-08-26 08:25 PM

I Really Have 5,000 Reasons to Thank You, I Just Didn't List Them All…

It's difficult to know where to start.  I desired to do something distinguished for reaching what to me seemed like an unattainable milestone.  I thought that if Passions lasted long enough, someday [HA] I would reach 2,000 posts.  I thought perhaps if I had stamina enough, I might last six months.

Then an amazing thing happened.  With what was "little participation" on my part [I thought I was invisible...] I was asked to assist as a Newsletter Editor. [I may have been waving my hand madly, and do you know how HARD it was to get Sharon's attention in cyberspace?] Then a little while later [and after much speculation, I know] I was asked to assist Rebecca as a Moderator! WOW!

Then I thought perhaps it would be amusing if I too spent some more time here, I might actually hit 3,000 posts. I mean wow, could everyone stand for that much Sunshine to be around? Everyone's got to have a dark and gloomy day now and then, just for variety's sake and to get their Muses to muttering…

And then things really started to happen. Acquaintances started cementing into real relationships…those kind of relationships that you appreciate so much, you log on to check in with even BEFORE you reach for the first cup of coffee!

These are the kind of relationships that you can count on as universal: a lifeline of hands stretched around the globe saying "We're here…we'll listen…do you need anything…come visit sometime." No clique-ie type of relationships…around here, you want to join in…you're welcome! The Circle of Friends gets wider and wider every day.

At the helm of this remarkable ship sits the Master Navigator.  Ron, I know I've thanked you, as have others, many times before. But today, I am overwhelmed at what has become of me…because of what you have given to us all, by circumnavigating the globe and bringing aboard so many wonderful, remarkable, talented people, and allowing me to become part of "The Crew".  I have grown in many, many ways. I always knew I had something more to learn each day of my life, but this place, Passions, has given added dimensions and crystalline facets to my many sides.

My 5,000th post is, then appropriately placed in the Feelings Forum.  My arms envelope you all in a huge hug, and a sincere Thank You, for making this a most remarkable place to reside.

Karilea
When you want to be loved, look within...KRJ

© Copyright 2000 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2000-08-26 08:42 PM

Karilea~
CONGRATULATIONS ! !  
I love you !
That 'splains it all !

In your growing ...
you've taken me with you many times
through your verse.
Our spirits have joined hands as they
have in the past ... we are one in that spirit.
Such joy is mine in your friendship.
Thank you for being who you are.
Love ya'
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

X Angel
since 1999-11-07
Posts 1521
Oregon
2 posted 2000-08-26 08:47 PM

Karilea...I loved your post, Passions is so much more than just a website, it's my third home (my 2nd is my coffee shop!). You are a wonderful part of why this site is so great. But I think you knew that. It takes participation and "Sunny" people just like you to keep this place flowing smoothly. So in turn, "I" thank "YOU" for those 5000 posts. Keep going strong girl.
*hugs*
~Heather

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
3 posted 2000-08-26 09:46 PM

Well here's to that unatainable 5,000 that wasn't so unatainable after all!

You've said what many, many feel here.

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2000-08-26 10:37 PM

Congratulations on 5,000 Sunshine!      

What a beautiful and thoughtful way to
commemorate your 5,000th post Sunshine!
You've been a wonderful inspiration to me,
and I'm truly grateful to be a part of
this little world with your daily
rays of Sunshine!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2000-08-26 11:29 PM

Marge, Heather, 'Becca, Kit...what can I say...I am just so grateful that when there was a door closed, another opened...as it should be...thank you my friends, for being here...
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2000-08-26 11:53 PM

Sunshine, I remember the first few posts of yours...then you hit a snag and you graciously accepted a challenge from me.. those were my favorite posts from you then..and now, you've grown..and written so many wonderful poems..and become a ray of sunshine to all of us...our own private sun...it's wonderful to see you reach this milestone. Congratulations!      
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
7 posted 2000-08-27 09:43 AM

Karilea-You know I am a fan and I celebrate with you on this lankmark of yours.  Way to go girl and thank you so much for making so many of them mine.  Now let's see you make that next 5000.  I will be here with my smiles once more.  
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
8 posted 2000-08-27 01:41 PM

I am just going to offer some smiles to you, Karilea, for being what you are...

and offer
my most sincere regards,
Hugs, Sudhir

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2000-08-27 02:29 PM

Yes, Sharon, my posts were pretty rough at first, weren't they? But with some guidance, hand-holding [again, a little hard through a computer screen, but it was done...] some encouragement by so many, I found out that perhaps I could be a poetess [as Sudhir likes to say] and guess what? If I couldn't be a great poetess...at least, I've not seen one pink-slip come through the screen at me! The Challenges Forum is one of the better ideas as it certainly gives everyone a jumping-off place and encourages growth!

Mark, I certainly appreciate all of the kind, and lengthy replies you have always given me. One of the greatest things about Passions is the concern for sharing our gifts with one another!

Sudhir, I will accept your smiles, and with unequivocable energy, continue to shine on, knowing that I shine on the likes of those here who reside in Passions! Thank you all!

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
10 posted 2000-08-27 02:42 PM

I recall the day you joined... as Sunshine... you beat me to the screen name.... and I have to say you've done a wonderful job with it - You've been such an integral part of Passions ever since - We're fortunate to have you among us...

Let the Sunshine In

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
11 posted 2000-08-27 04:27 PM

Nan, you DID it...you turned on the spigots...now, you've got to come here to turn 'em off!  Hugs, my friend!
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
12 posted 2000-08-27 05:30 PM

I was rather thinking of revamping the "Flfth Dimension"......  
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
13 posted 2000-08-28 10:33 AM

I AM in a 5th dimension...
Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
14 posted 2000-08-28 05:54 PM

5000 ppost wow don't think i'll ever get that many well done

"Those who will not learn to use this instrument well cannot be saved by an expanded alphabet; they will only afflict us with expanded gibberish"
~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
15 posted 2000-08-28 05:56 PM

Ah Maria...check yourself out in six months, and you'll be mightily surprised!
Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
16 posted 2000-08-29 04:42 PM

I'm a little bit late, Karilea ... but, I didn't want to let this important post go by, without adding this ....
You have always been a most lovely part of Passions for me ... Your spirit shines like your signature name and the friendship that we share, is something I cherish ....
Your sunbeams have touched us all at Passions ......
Congratulations on this milestone ....
Hugs

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
17 posted 2000-08-29 04:47 PM

Pepper, our most Official Passionate Reader...we are ALL so glad to see you back where you belong! Because of you, my friend, I spread my wings and fly!  Thank you!
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
18 posted 2000-08-30 07:45 PM

You make me smile Sunshine....and BTW, that was some tearjerker you sent me...but superb message, just like this one..

HUSG and keep that sunshine coming..

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
19 posted 2000-08-31 09:03 PM

For you Cindy, I shine especially bright...hard to get through that fog...  

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (edited 09-02-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I Really Have 5,000 Reasons To Thank You, I Just Didn't List Them All.....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary