navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I'm so Stressed!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm so Stressed! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA

0 posted 2000-01-12 05:37 PM

I'm sure everyone here has been stressed at some point in their lives. Right?  Well, I know I can become stressed a lot!  Have you ever thought your life was going pretty easy then suddenly, BAM!  It seems like everything starts happening to you and you have way to much to handle in youf life.  That's what I'm going through right now.  
Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with such stress?  Besides the usual "Just breath or just relax?"

It would be such a help!  Thanks.  I really needed to get my feelings out here in FEELINGS!

JOY

© Copyright 2000 Kristen Joy Jacobus - All Rights Reserved
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
1 posted 2000-01-12 09:40 PM

I don't know if I'll be much help, but I can most definitely relate to you.  I'm so stressed that it's not funny.  But anyways, I have a few things that seem to help me.

Meditation.  Anything you can learn about meditating or anything along that line of relaxation works well, at least in my opinion.  There are several good websites out there that you may want to check out.

Trying to take some time for yourself.  I know that this can be extremely hard, but sometimes you can find a little window of time.  Take a bath, listen to music, read a book, do something that you like to do and haven't had time for in a long time.

Lastly, just scream or cry or rant, whatever you want to do.  Sometimes just letting go and letting out all that built up emotion can do a world of good.

Just some suggestions, some things I try.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm curious as to what others may say, because I need some stress relief too!  Good luck and I hope things get better for you soon.  

*Krista Knutson*

~*Like a lion, without fear of the howling pack,
Like a gust of wind, ne'er trapped in a snare,
Like a lotus blossom, ne'er sprinkled by water,
Let me, like a unicorn, in solitude roam.*~ Hymn Of Buddha

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
2 posted 2000-01-13 06:21 PM

Thanks Krista.
I have tried all the things you listed except meditation.  Maybe that would do a world of good.  I hope so.  I'll take your suggestion and look on the internet for some websites, if I have time!  Yes, yes, I know I should make time!  Sometimes it can be really hard though.  
I'm also looking forward to others' replies!

JOY

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
3 posted 2000-01-13 09:52 PM

I can relate to the both of you. Definitely take some time for yourself-listening to music really works for me! Or, you can always come here and just check out some poetry.  

Good luck!

Elizabeth

"Boys and girls together, me and Mamie O'Rourke
Tripped the light fantastic on the sidewalks of New York."

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
4 posted 2000-01-13 10:10 PM

ROFL..."relax or breathe"...you mean you actually have a choice?...*g*

Sorry, weird humour of mine kicking into play here...  

I agree, music for me is a deep passion and I lose myself in it, deep and moody or classical or light and refreshing and you can lift a mood...well I can...  

When things get really bad, I watch the sun setting or see how fast the clouds are going or persuade myself that tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life and that gets me from here to then...  

It's 03:06am here and I hope my pre-dawn ramblings help a tiny bit..  

HUGS< !signature-->

Don't ask me where I'm going, just listen when I'm gone and far away you'll hear me singing softly to the dawn.

[This message has been edited by RainbowGirl (edited 01-13-2000).]

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
5 posted 2000-01-13 10:12 PM

Elizabeth-
Being here, posting here, replying here,  is a HUGE stress reliever!  What would I do without this place and everyone's great poetry?  

Rainbow-
Music can cleanse the soul.  Nature is a big part of my life and I too, always cherish the sunsets and sunrises that come along. Your words do help!  Thanks for taking the time to reply.
signature-->

JOY

[This message has been edited by JOY 14 (edited 01-13-2000).]

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
6 posted 2000-01-14 11:20 AM

Have you ever tried kicking cans? Don't laugh! My whole back yard is full of pop cans, empty paint cans, old buckets and other assorted kickable items. The only drawback is ya gotta clean it up when you're done. Other than that it's a great stress reliever. Then ya go lock yourself in the bathroom, draw a nice bubble bath, light a few candles, and let the remnants of whatever is left just melt away. And oh yeah, laugh!! It's important!

Poetry~ Words falling on paper, painting a dream.

Shawna R. Holder
Boise, Idaho

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
7 posted 2000-01-14 11:42 AM

If you still need two cents more [my advice and what it's worth] what I always need to do is "take inventory..."  what specifically is causing my stress?  [I.e., spending too much time at Passions and not getting office/home work done...LOL!!!]

So, for what it's worth, try to pinpoint what is causing the stress, and then do what is required to either alleviate it or get rid of it, sometimes by focusing more on what needs to be done.  Then, when your "demons are vanquished", try all of the above.

Works for me.  Hugs, KJ

Sunshine
Look, then, into thine heart, and write ~~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
8 posted 2000-01-14 02:30 PM

Hit something.  Hard.

--Kess

You cannot choose the way of your death, but the path you choose will determine its own end.

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
9 posted 2000-01-15 05:01 PM

I have discovered another new stress reliever that works temporarily!
(If anyone else is stressed and wants a solution read on!)
Here it is.  Now this may sound a little strange but it works for me!  
Get all your fustration built up and anger and think of all the things you are having anxiety about and are stressed over.

Go to a mirror in a private place such as a bedroom or bathroom and start talking to yourself!  Talk or yell or scream.  Whatever works.  Rattle off everything that is bothering you.  Let loose because nobody can see you or hear you.  Cry even, and let your emotions run free.  Ask yourself all the "whys"  and "why me's"!  
You'll feel better!

I did this the other day and it really helped!  I felt better afterwards, but knew my problems didn't go away.  Like I said before, it is temporary, but it works!

Thanks for the other suggestions, btw!  

JOY

danni
since 1999-11-20
Posts 688
wisconsin
10 posted 2000-01-17 02:07 AM

There are so many stresses and so many different ways to deal with each one of them. But, (and don't take offense), a temporary releif isn't going to help. And in the end, it can be just as tiring and taxing as the stress itself. As hard as it is, you have to find a solution for these problems. I know, it's easier said than done. I have been through some pretty major struggles myself. I agree with the idea of taking an itinerary of what all is stressing you. Then follow it with a way to solve them. Do something about the easier ones first. It will feel great just knowing you took care of one small thing first. And it will give you the confidence and renewed energy to take care of a few more. So on and so forth.
Just understand that a person can never be stress free. Just do something about the ones that you can do something about. And hopefully it will allow you to let go of the things you can't change. Because there are things that you can't change and won't have control over.
Anyway, I hope that helps some and doesn't sound too self-righteaous. You said you wanted advice besides breathe and relax. I did my best. Hope things get better.  

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
11 posted 2000-01-17 11:37 PM

Joy hon sorry you are so stressed I hate it when life is that way.
My stress relievers are basically the same as others but I'm here to let you know I care too, so here they are.

SINGING - Put your favourite CD on at a certain time each day and sing your heart out.  Too bad if anyone hears!!  Ignore the phone, computer, mailman etc. Just sing.

MEDITATION - There are some good web sites and books on meditation for the beginner with simple exercises.  I have one of those, and I'd be more than happy to send some hints if you want let me know.

WALKING - Take the dog or just yourself out for a walk at sunset to a place you love.  If necessary drive there and then start your walk.  Watch the day slowly draw to a close, family's having BBQ dinner, loves strolling hand in hand.  Take a notepad, find a seat, and write something inspiring even.

VIDEO CRY - Rent your favourite video guaranteed to make you bawl and watch it and bawl your head off LOUDLY!!  That always helps.

AND LASTLY - this is pretty obvious have some loving    Sorry but it helps  

Anyway that is my feeble advice, and remember email me if you want some basic relaxation/meditation tips for beginners.

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
~Isis~
(Sovereign of the Spirit)

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
12 posted 2000-01-18 06:47 PM

Thanks for the tips Danni and Isis!  I know temporary relief won't do a whole lot of good in the long run.  I also know that it won't all go away.  I have taken all your suggestions and put them to use!  (Well not all, but some.  )  I must admit that I am not so overwhelmed anymore which is a huge relief!

Thanks again for all your replies and tips!  I really appreciate them!  lol!!!!!!

JOY

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
13 posted 2000-01-18 07:15 PM

Anytime Joy and remember I'm only an email away if you need to talk to relieve some of the burden.  (HUGS)  

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
~Isis~
(Sovereign of the Spirit)

Gemini
since 1999-12-15
Posts 1203
Wisconsin, USA
14 posted 2000-01-19 10:53 PM

My stress reliever is looking at old photos and reminising.  Another trick for me is a bubble bath and a hot glass of cappucino early in the A.M. before children wake up!
Hugs.

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
15 posted 2000-01-20 12:18 PM

Well I can certainly understand where you are coming from. If I've repeated anything forgive me cause I haven't read the responses to this.  I was going along great and then I moved here and everything for a year went wrong.  I was miserable went into depression...all I can really say is to have faith and trust God. We get tested and we have to hang in there. We go through our good times and those bad times have to come sometime, and we will learn from them. Though I still have to learn what it is I was supposed to know from all this "bad luck."
I will keep you in my prayers and I can certainly relate! Most of all PRAY!

<*\\\><
Where there is faith,
there is love.
Where there is love,
there is peace.
Where there is peace,
there is GOD.
Where there is GOD,
there is no need.

Hallmark

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I'm so Stressed!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary