navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Help maybe?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Help maybe? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Luskalilly
since 2008-05-19
Posts 5
Kamloops, B.C Canada

0 posted 2008-05-19 09:52 AM

Im goin through a hardtime right now over a guy, And im no good at poems never have been but im tryin to write him one cause i luv them. This is all i have though of so far so let me know what u think or any changes before i send it to him.

I hate him, i love him
i want him to die, i want him to live
i need him he dont need me
I see him he dont see me
he loves her not me

You cant spell slaughter without laughter

© Copyright 2008 Marcy Greenwood - All Rights Reserved
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

1 posted 2008-05-20 07:08 PM

Dear Luskalilly,

As a poem, it's pretty much perfect as it is.  I'd make sure to capitalize all the"i"s you're using, because you're  worth more than the lower case, and a person needs to show some respect to herself.  Especially a woman.

If you make the poem any longer, you'll be writing away from what you've said.  Any shorter, and you'll be picking away at it.  I don't know if it'll correct your boyfriend situation, but it's a very nice piece of art.  You have a right to be very pleased with yourself.

Sincerely, BobK.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2008-05-21 05:58 AM

I hate him, i love him
i want him to die, i want him to live
i need him he dont need me
I see him he dont see me
he loves her not me

well I  agree with Bob about the "i's" but I also think don't should be changed to doesn't and I am not sure if I were him, that I would be happy about someone saying they wished I would  die.

M

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2008-05-21 10:01 AM

I hate him, I love him
I want him to leave, I want him to stay
I need him, he doesn't need me
I see him, he doesn't see me
he loves her, not me

I took the suggestions from Bob and Maureen to show you what it would be like with those changes, and I like how it is, I wouldn't add more, like Bob said.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2008-05-22 05:57 AM

Sounds great, Sea

M

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
5 posted 2008-05-22 05:10 PM

Yeah don't change a thing! The guy will be sure to understand your words. I think this is really good. Hope things turn out for the best.

~Zach~

~Zach~

"Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant."

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

6 posted 2008-05-23 07:51 PM

Maureen is right.  That's why it's better to have more than one reader.  I think it's better to keep in the wanting him to die bit, not because it's friendly but because it is unexpected and because it is this kind of love, which isn't necessarily nice.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Help maybe?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary