navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Melancholy
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Melancholy Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois

0 posted 2008-03-19 08:25 AM

I always thought thi sword ment "confusion or mixed feelings" but now i am feeling melancholy about my whole life. Like things are just different. Like i'v been asleep for a long time and then just woke up to something that i don't know. I don't know how to fix all this but i guess in time my answer will come... any advise?

~Zach~  

~*With the wind and my heart at my side. I'll live the life i want*~

© Copyright 2008 Zach Booker-Scott - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2008-03-19 08:21 PM

Zach,

I think that my junior high years were pretty unsettling.  I think mostly I felt apprehensive when faced with the thought of starting High School.  I remember feeling as if I was on a balance beam.  One leg was flailing out towards childhood and keeping all that I knew.  The other leg was kind of pushed out towards growth - becoming a freshman loomed on my mind.  I changed schools, didn't know many people ... and I was frightened of change.  

I am not saying this is what you are going through.  I will never patronize you and assume to know what your feelings mean.  I can only look back and reflect upon the time that I was your age.  It was hard for me.

I couldn't drive yet.  I felt almost trapped as if I were a hostage of my parents.  My Mom and I started snitting and arguing.  It was tough.  My body was going whacko - my emotions were way out of line.  I wanted to write but sucked at poetry (you are so far better than I was at your age).  I tried to keep a journal but I embarrased myself when I went back to read it.

I don't know if I was 'melancholy' or just going into my teenage years.  Whoever said that the years you are going into are the best years of your life ... well, that was one sick individual.  It might be the best years for some - I think many of us just hung on and went for the ride.

It gets better.  I am not diminishing how you feel - but be prepared for lots more questions to come your way.  Your mind will be manufacturing them when you sleep at night!

A

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
2 posted 2008-03-19 10:29 PM

lol yea ur metaphore with the balencing beam is exactly how i feel. *glad that someone is now understanding what i feel lol* but yea im not starting driving intill next year. but yes school is just like a balenceing beam. i think it as more as a tight rope or some thing like that lol. but yea things have just been going not as i hope and going not as i'd ever imagion to go that way lol. but anyway! lol

I got to go hopeflly other ppl will help me lol. thanks for the help alison!

~Zach~  

moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
3 posted 2008-03-21 04:10 AM

maybe u r just having a spiritual awakening and r feeling the pain of seperation. Happens to most people...u r just experiencing it sooner rather than later...just my opinion...good luck on your quest "for the grail."
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2008-03-21 09:44 AM

only because I work in a school: maybe there is a guidance counselor in your school that you can speak to that can let you know if what you are feeling is very common.

There are probably similar instances of others and maybe even a group in school that may meet to voice their feelings and come up with solutions or activities that may make you feel better.

Without knowing you personally or your actual circumstances, I don't think  the internet is a great help other than  to write out your feelings since  they are so vague.

M

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
5 posted 2008-03-21 11:29 AM

Moondog yea i think i am expereience an "awakening" expereience. Its a weird thing to be going through.

And nakedthoughts. At my school we really don't have a school/guidence councler. *i come from a poor school*

And yes i know. its really not a good idea to seek advise on the internet but right now im not really looking for advise. just to let out what i think and feel. Ya' know what i mean?? im sort of over this feeling. I've been talking to friends and my parents. And they've been some help. Better some help, than no help at all. right?

Thanks for the support.. i really appreteate it..thanks!    

~Zach~  

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
6 posted 2008-03-21 12:46 PM

"I've been talking to friends and my parents"

that is the best thing to do... people who know and care for you

and actually in your first post you did ask for "any advice"

M

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
7 posted 2008-03-21 05:32 PM

lol yeah i noticed that lol thanks for the help and the advise

XxZachxX

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Melancholy

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary