navwin » Discussion » Feelings » thinking
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic thinking Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christioned
since 2004-01-15
Posts 93
Huddling in the dark

0 posted 2006-01-30 07:30 PM

to watch a friendship die and to know you could probably save it if you chose to is hard. especially if you are hiding things to big for that friend to know. i've been thinking a lot of death lately to just make it better for others, BUT i won't. i just think the best thing might be for me is to just detach from everything/everyone. just make it easier on everyone involved.  

"It's my curse to constantly be in battle with Him."- Me

© Copyright 2006 Andi Rex - All Rights Reserved
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
1 posted 2006-01-31 01:20 PM

I don't normally post in this forum... but this caught my attention.

I sincerely hope things get better for you... and that this friendship you speak of smooths out and/or you make many more friends that will stand with you for years. But the only way that's going to happen is for you to BE here.

I don't want to go maudlin on you... but I've been at so many funerals lately... members of my family keep dying. And there's not one of them I don't mourn deeply each and every day. No one I know is better off without them - and no one would be better without you.

If these feelings stay with you... please talk to someone trained to help you. Your life has great worth... and you are valued by many many people... even if you can't see it right now.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2006-01-31 06:20 PM

besides seeking professional help...

if your friend is a friend that you really trust, nothing is too big to tell them..and maybe once you get it out you will feel better.

but instead of thinking of death think of the life ahead of you and all the joy there is and will be...in sharing with others...and  seek some help please...

M

M

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
3 posted 2006-01-31 08:53 PM

*nodding here*

If that person loves and understands you there should be no reason for them to not understand what you have to tell them.

If the friendship is going to die, you might as well let them know what is on your mind instead of considering horrible alternatives.

If they choose to be upset, let them be and go your own way and live your life, you did what you had to do.  

Detaching and disappearing leaves guilt and hurt - you will find that smacking you right back in the long run.  

Been there -

talk . . . write -

feel better.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2006-02-03 11:04 AM

It's never good when such dark thoughts play in your mind.  Sometimes others really have the problem and lay the blame on us.  Whether this is the case or not, God created you out of love for a purpose and it wasn't to be a doormat or perfect. There's nothing new under the sun so whatever you feel is so BIG and HORRIBLE is probably because you have high standards. I pray that you pray.

God bless

Rae

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
5 posted 2006-02-04 12:16 PM

Sometimes with social circles it is helpful to wipe the slate clean and start over.  Get involved with activities you enjoy, then you will meet others who enjoy the same things.

As for suicide, for most people no matter how intriguing the idea of suicide may be it is just so much a waste of time, it is more the result  of forgetting life's inevitible outcome than anything else.  Most days (or nights) when I awake, nothing appeals to me more than dying, but as soon as I start to figure out how to arrange that, I remember that it will take care of itself and I don't have to do anything about it.  So, I can put my energy into anything else I wish.

Sometimes life does feel like the pain, horror, fear, grief, etc., will go on forever, but all things end; we all die.  Often it requires patience to get there but the end is inevitable.  Given that, why expend energy making happen that which will happen on its own?

If you feel very strongly that you make your friends unhappy, there is a good chance you are right, so find other ways to spend your time.  If they get in touch with you and want to know where you went, then you were wrong.  If you do not hear from them again, then you were right.  In any event, for a while forget about pleasing other people; find activities that you enjoy.  No matter how old you are, there is a very real statistical probability that the most important people in your life are people you have not yet met.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » thinking

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary